Tuesday, January 1, 2008

happy new year!



i am just now recovering from our new years eve - what a wild night! NOT - we are old & lame! No really, we usually have a NYE party but this year, I honestly was partied out. We had a mellow evening with the kids then let the kids watch SpongeBob before bed. Thank goodness NICK had a countdown on EASTERN TIME. My kids were SO excited to bring in the New Year & I was so excited I could do so at 10 & then put them to bed :) We had sparkiling cider & dessert with the kids. Then, Steve & I watched CSI. Then, it was firework time, i never realized how loud & long the fireworks go off in our neigborhood because we are usually in the middle of it all.

WOW! i just can't believe it - 2007 has officially ended & we are onto 2008. it is hard for me to accept another year has come & gone. i am really excited about 2008 & know it will be a great year. i love the new year as it gives me the opportunity to reflect, revise & plan for improvement. i love the fresh start the new year brings - i LOVE having a brand new planner that i can start making all of my lists for the year. i have SO many lists going on right now it is ridiculous but it is me & i love it. i hate to say the "g" word - GOAL because as we all know goals are made to be broken... right?! i have been talking to the kids the past couple days about goals & how we will each set some individual goals & then set some goals as a family. the kids were all onboard & excited - it wasn't until today when i actually was ready to do this that i realized that jake thought a goal was a race. i have NO IDEA where he got that from - so funny. so, i am excited for 2008 & know it will be the best! i have ALOT i desire to accomplish & some hefty things i'd like to improve. i can't make any promises that i will succeed in everything i hope for this year but i will sure as hell try!

LIFE IS HERE AND IT IS NOW - I hope I can live each day without regret/guilt from yesterday or without stress of tomorrow but to LIVE each day!

I wish you the best in 2008 that your dreams will become reality & that you too can LIVE for today! Happy New Year - Make it the BEST!

No comments: