Sunday, January 6, 2008

7 random things about me


OK - so I got "tagged" so here it goes:

* i don't drink ANYTHING besides water. i prefer it room temperature - no ice. If eating out, i MUST have a straw. I love water & easily drink more than my 8 glasses a day!

* i have an internal alarm clock that goes off at 3 am every morning. this started several years ago & i would just lay in bed thinking & stressing about everything i had to do. after 6 months (yes, fast learner huh?) i decided since i was up i should just get my butt out of bed & start working on those things that were stressing me out. i can get 1/2 days work done before my kids start waking up - it has worked for me. so, the question is : when do i go to bed??? i typically go to bed about 10:30.

* i don't carry a purse. i think this started when i had to start carrying a diaper bag years ago & just don't like the hassle. i have a bad habit of sticking cash or a credit card in one of my kids pockets (because i don't have a pocket) & forgetting about it. steve gets so frustrated with me because i "misplace" my credit cards all the time. more times than not, i have "misplaced" at least 1 of the 3 credit cards (sometimes 2 of them but never all 3) - but they always show even if it is months later :)

* i don't like using public bathrooms - when out & about, it is common for me to go 10 hours without using the bathroom just because i rather not use a public one. they just kinda gross me out. i guess i have a pretty strong bladder since i can hold it all day & drink as much water as i do (it is kinda a subconscious thing)

* i coordinate my kids clothes for pictures. i either make sure their outfits match or more common is that i buy outfits that coordinate with certain scrapbook paper. it is not uncommon for me to have swatches of scrapbook papers with me when i go to buy clothes for my kids. call me crazy ... but the great thing about it is steve thinks this is NORMAL & that it is totally OK to buy the kids new clothes just so i can scrapbook using new paper (makes a layout quite expensive)

* i always sleep on the plane. almost every flight (& i have taken many of flights) i am asleep before we leave the runway & typically don't wake up until we land. i don't mind flights as I always can count on a good nap. the only bad thing is when i wake up i usually have a kink in my neck (yes, i have tried those pillows but i still get kinks)

* i am always going, going, going to not go anywhere. let me explain - i got a brand new car almost 2 years ago it had 5 miles on it & today it has less than 3000 miles. the only thing i can figure is that i either never go anywhere, i fly more than i drive or i don't drive anywhere without the kids?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelby, no wonder your skin looks so great after drinking all that water! your blog cracks me up - i love it when people are 'real' and just say it like is - good or bad.

here's a few random things about me:

1. i hate feet (except baby feet). so many people (myself included) don't take care of them and they are nasty.

2. my mom was originally going to name me Paris - i'm 44 - this is waaaay before ms. Hilton - so glad my grandma made her change her mind.

3. when i was in 2nd or 3rd grade i drew a picture of my 'future' family and i had twins - my mom always told me it would never happen as we had no twins in our family. i actually had twins 8 years ago, and my mom gave me the picture.

4. my first car was a 66 mustang - i am so not a car person, but wish i had that one.

5. i have never sang karaoke.

6. my favorite candy bar is Coffee Crisp from Canada.

7. i spend way more time on the computer than i should - but that's no secret. :)

Heidi Rushing said...

that was fun to read! I loved the part where you buy clothes to match scrapbook paper! Scott has accused me for years of planning certain vacations and family activities around scrapbook embellishments and paper I just bought! I was tagged by Julie a while ago and still haven't done mine - I will get to it soon - check my website to see if I ever get it posted.

jrushing said...

Good comments! I am glad you took me up on the tag! Maybe you can help me coordinate my outfits for a family pic! I am terrible at it!

Britt said...

ok, here are my random facts:

1. I was in a beauty pageant years ago. Loved it at the time, but those pageant moms are seriously CRAZY!

2. I got stuck in an old-fashioned elevator in Europe & had to be rescued by a firefighter.

3. I secretly would like to quit my job & scrapbook ALL the time or have a job that involved scrapbooking on a daily basis. that would truly make me haPPy!

4. I used to want to be a zoo keeper...ha!

5. I had my first kiSS when I was 5 in a sandbox at a softbaLL field.

6. I rarely take showers; I am a bath girl aLL the way.

7. I love geTTing my fEEt ruBBed...my sweet lil fiance Jon does it every night!

Hope you enjoy, Shelb!