Thursday, November 27, 2008

let me explain

i guess i have some explaining to do...
here are the details...

due date april 16th - so i am 20 weeks

the baby looks healthy - whew!

we are having another brock, i mean BOY! (we hope he is as perfect as brock :)

i wanted to wait until christmas to tell but was afraid i would be showing

yes, i have been sick but not as bad as i was with brock - thank goodness!

we just really felt like brock needed a friend

the kids are beyond thrilled. had to convince keegan that being the ONLY girl would have GREAT benefits (she really would of liked a sister but is over it already & we are not sure we could of handled another girl :)

reason for waiting SO long to tell: 2 reasons really.
first, since i was SO sick with brock, i thought it would make it easier on me if nobody knew. i could almost forget about it?! it is hard when you feel horrible & everyone is continually asking how you are doing. so, i thought if nobody knew- nobody would ask & hopefully i could almost forget i was pregnant & sick (i never could forget about it as throwing up is a great reminder - HA!)
second, we had a scare with brock that he was down syndrome. i knew my age was not in my favor with this one & i was at increased risk for a down syndrome baby- i wanted to get the test results back that everything was normal before telling anyone. not that it would of made a difference IF it came back that this baby was down syndrome, i would of just wanted to know first.

so, we are excited & know for sure this is the LAST one!!!

9 comments:

Brando and Annie said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you guys! I had a feeling the other day when Keegan told me you had a surprise this was it! I can't believe you are 20 weeks! Wow! I hope he is just like Brock he will be darling! Congrats again!

Heidi Rushing said...

Wow! That is a surprise! I am so excited for you guys! I am impressed you kept it a secret so long. It is hard to keep news as exciting as that quiet for long. I bet the boys are thrilled and Keegan will always be super special being the only girl - she will always have her own room! Congrats to all of you and hope you continue to feel better each day.

Rookie Blog said...

Hey! so good to see you guys last night. I just checked my email after a while. Thanks for your note. You look great!an't wait to see you little guy

Anonymous said...

WOW! A big congrats to you! That is wonderful...I am very excited for you guys, the kids must be so excited! You surely know how to keep a secret..and you look great too. Hope you continue to feel well.

Jenny Jessop said...

Ha ha ha!!!! Congrat's Shelby. I'm really impressed at your bravery after your last pregnancy. So it appears our boys will be 8 weeks apart. How exciting. Let's keep in touch. I wish you the very best.

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! You must all be really excited and thrilled. How were the kids able to keep it a secret? Or, did they know? The best of luck to you all. I guess we won't be seeing you at the shows for awhile. We missed you this year out here in California!!
Enjoy!!
"Grandma Diana"
in California

Shelly in the NW said...

Wow! i saw you at CKC- Seattle and had no idea - you wear it well :)

I hope you have another Brock - he is a cutey.

I think in the end your daughter will love being the only girl - that is sooooo special (I think) but then again my sister was like Marcia Brady and sadly I was Jan. :(

Congratulations to you all.

Karen B in SW Oklahoma said...

CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WHOLE FAMILY --- I know everyone is excited ... you take care of yourself you hear ... Love you guys. Oh and I love the way you directed me to the blog with the comment about the cute picture ... it is hard to believe those children are growing so fast ... where does time go (Yeah another baby at the shows next year LOL)

Micki said...

OH MY WORD! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!