Sunday, November 23, 2008

confession



i have a confession to make that is quite embarrasing but i have made great progress in the last couple days. Steve & I have had ipods for a LONG time but still in the packaging. We have purchased itunes gift cards that have sat in a drawer for over a year. We both have iphones which neither one have ONE song on them. it isn't that we don't like music, it just has not been a priority. there have been many times that i would of loved an ipod loaded with music but it isn't one of those things that i have to have by a certain date so it hasn't happened. in fact, i made a deal with steve over the summer that if he loaded my ipod with some good work out music then i would start running with him. (those who know me know that is huge for me - btw, that deal is NOT still on - it expired when it turned chilly outside :)
anyways, our friends sam & lori came over friday night & after dinner, i asked sam if he could show me how to upload new pics to my iphone (the guy at the apple store helped me load some when i first got my iphone but that has been over a year ago). sam about died when he realized i did not have a itunes account nor had i ever updated my iphone much less not have any tunes. after a couple hours of getting everything updated & set-up the FUN began (THANKS SAM!!). i started downloading games, songs, movies, etc. it is so easy. i have spent the most part of my weekend playing games, buying songs, editing pictures & just going down memory lane. let's just say that i have burned through the $50 gift cards that we had bought & it didn't take too long - HA! my iphone is chuck full of stuff now & i still haven't even used 25% of my capacity. i am just giddy thinking how it will not only entertain me at the airport, doctors office, etc. but also my kids - especially brock. he loves my phone (calculator, pictures, notepad) & thinks it is his. i know he is going to freak once he finds all the new stuff on it now.
anyways, i am EXCITED!! it is one of those things that i knew everyone was into & just loved but did not know what i was missing until now. this is just one of the things on my list to get done - i just didn't realize how fun it was going to be & how much time i would spend on it.

2 comments:

Mom of 3 Boys said...

shelby...you still beat me. I dont even own an ipod still! haha!
enjoy it! it sounds super fun :)

kraftyladyincali said...

I didn't even know you had a blog! Congrats on your baby in the tummy, congrats on the price is right! I'm gonna be in Vegas this week, and want to go to that so bad! It's my fave show too! Your family is gorgeous! See you in Feb at the OC expo??
Jill (pazzles)
ps. I have facebook too!