Tuesday, June 17, 2008

worst feeling ever

i had this experience last week & it truly was the worst feeling i have ever had in my entire life. it was awful. i can not explain how my entire world ended in matter of seconds. i have had nightmares 3 nights in the past week about this expereince & i just can't keep stop thinking about it. needless to say, brock is no longer sleeping with a blanket in his crib!

well, brock usually wakes up about 6ish & babbles/plays for a bit then goes back to sleep until the older kids are up around 7:30. this morning i heard him about 5ish as my body was still on eastern time. well, brock slept through the morning routine of the kids getting out the door for school. i did not think too much of it except that he was exhausted from the day before. steve headed out running some errands & i was busy in the house getting things cleaned & caught up. i had his breakfast ready for him anticpating him waking up any minute. well, i got busy & the next thing i know it is 9:45 & still have not heard a word out of brock. i freaked out. i ran into his room & opened the door (which nornally he jumps right up even if he is asleep). he did not move. i ran over to his crib & found a blanket tightly wrapped around his head - from the neck up. i seriously about fainted right then & there. right before my eyes, i saw my entire world gone. i grabbed the blanket off his head & heard him breathing. i still did not believe it so i picked up his hand & when he moved it back, i was so relieved. he still was asleep. i left the room to try to get myself put back together- having so many emotions & thoughts in such a short amount of time was purely exhausting. i am so grateful for my children & steve - honestly i do not know what i would ever do if anything were to happen to them. they are my life. my everything. i know i take things for granted & it is just little reminders like this that help me stay focused.
enjoy what you have as you may not always have them. make sure you let those people know in your lives how special they are to you. enjoy today as you don't know what tommorrow will bring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, everything was okay with Brock?
What an absolutely terrifying experience!! I can't imagine what went through your head at that moment. I know I would be in an absolute panic. Hope all is well now!!

Micki said...

Glad that all is well!

Kids do have one heck of a way of terrifying us don't they? DD has given me more than her share of white hairs.