Sunday, October 12, 2008

happy 40th birthday, Steve!

wow- 40 use to seem so old - now it just seems so ... good!
we were in Kansas City during Steve's big day.

40 things about steve:
(these are random = no particular order)

1. he is VERY patient
2. he laughs with me
3. he loves spending time with his kids
4. a very hard worker
5. he is sensitive (he doesn't necessarily want everyone to know this)
6. he makes sure the house is always safe & secure
7. he shops & even tries to find deals/sales
8. he doesn't care what is for dinner (or even if there is dinner)
9. he is strong
10. he honors the priesthood
11. he is competitive & loves to play games
12. he does laundry (yes, all of it :)
13. he is generous & charitable
14. he can change a dirty diaper without being asked to or complaining about it
15. he compliments me often
16. he knows every sport (& every stat/record & every player & every game)
17. he can deal with Keegan when i can't
18. he never asks about $ (what i buy, how much i spend, etc)
19. he is never stressed
20. he has the biggest conscious
21. he is athletic & stays active
22. he puts the toilet seat down when he is finished
23. he loves watching cartoons with the kids
24. he'll give me back massages w/o me begging
25. he makes sure the cars are always full of gas
26. he showers before getting into bed
27. he always takes time to talk/listen
28. he is caring
29. he'll watch the same CSI episdoe several times w/me
30. he loves eating frozen cookie dough & ice cream in bed late at night
31. he always scoops/bags zoe's poop when we go on walks
32. he communicates with me first before making any plans
33. he is the best example of the perfect dad to our boys
34. he drives the speed limit
35. he shovels the sidewalk/driveway first thing in the morning
36. he always makes me his top priority
37. he gets out of bed to fart & always laughs afterwards
38. he makes sure the kids are always respectful
39. he has a very DRY sense of humor
40. he is so supportive in everything i do

Happy Birthday Babe! I couldn't ask for anything more!!!

8 comments:

Heidi Rushing said...

Happy Birthday Stese! I feel like I know you a little too well now!

Heidi Rushing said...

I guess I know you so well now, that I even have a little nickname for you..."Stese"!

Scott Rushing said...

After reading this I couldn't decide whether I was nauseated or in love with my bro-in law- then I came to #37 and knew it was the former! You left out that he is a fun golf partner. Happy B-day

Mimi said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Steve!

Mom of 3 Boys said...

have a great day steve!!!

on my husband's 40th bday, i am due to have our 3rd baby! haha!

Shelly in the NW said...

wow! that is an AWESOME list! From one who has past 40 a few years ago (okay 5!?) it really isn't as old it used to be. eeeek...when my mom was 40 all her kids were out of the house and either in college or getting married! Mine are 9 and just started high school.

Brian said...

Well, I have to say I'm impressed!
That is awesome that he gets out of bed to laugh about farting.... I usually just stay in bed and snicker.
What a guy! Happy birthday!

Micki said...

No I happen to know that 34 isn't true! Ha ha ha! Glad to share the day with y'all!