Thursday, December 20, 2007

6th day of christmas

pictures with santa



i can't believe that i have waited until now to get the kids pics with santa  - the lines are going to be insane. south towne mall has the BEST santa. my kids always refer to him as the "real" santa. i woke up this morning & decided we had to go today since it was thursday. tommorrow most kids don't have school or just have 1/2 day then it is the weekend. i do not want to be anywhere close to the mall the weekend before christmas. so, i knew that after 4pm the lines would be really, really bad. so , i decided to take jake out of school early so we could beat the rush. some may think i am a bad mom for taking him out of school for something so not neccesary. however, i think (or know) i would be a worse mom if i had to wait in line with 3 kids for several hours. we got to the mall & the line was nothing. seriously, i thought maybe 15 minutes at the most. well, it turned out to be more like 40 mins. but that was still OK. i talked to the gals working  & they confirmed how bad it has been at night- they said the line at night & Sat. went all the way down to Macy's. Now, for some that may mean nothing but that line would be 6x longer than it was today. so i honestly do not know how would ever wait that long, even to see the REAL Santa. 

we came home & one of our manufacturers came by the house. i was blown away by the tasteful gift they brought us. this picture does NOT do justice but they brought beautiful pewter serving bowl & a 3-tier platter that is goregous AND it was all loaded with: white chocolate- dipped cinnamon sugar apples (my absolute favorite treat), caramels & turtles, pecan logs, marshmellows dipped in caramel & chocloate (that's all i have sampled so far :) it was so unexpected & thoughtful! i love surprises especially when they are loaded with calories :)

8 comments:

jrushing said...

Cute Santa pic and the treats look really yummy especially since it is now 11:30 at night! I could use a yummy treat!

jrushing said...

oh btw you have now been tagged!!

Anonymous said...

Shelby - how exciting that you have started a blog - how do you find the time with you travelling schedule. You and I have met several times - mostly in NC, but I was in Seattle this past Nov.
I love the family pictures, Santa is a great one.
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.
Take care - Karen Wiseman

Mom of 3 Boys said...

Love your blog, Shelby! You have such great pics on here!
Lorraine in NH

laura D said...

Shelby,
just read your blog, what a beautiful family you have.
I get the news letter and now have added your blog to my favorites.
Happy Holidays
Laura P in beautiful Southern Oregon

Jaclyn Marie said...

I just received your Xmas Email and clicked on your blog. It's not that hard, is it? I just had to comment on your beautiful family. I love the banner picture! Enjoy each moment.

Rmcilvenna said...

You are not a bad mom at all for taking Jake out of school. I would have done the same thing but my oldest is 13 and is in on the secret. Great blog -- keep it up. I can only guess that the goodies are from BG! They are a classy fabulous company!
Robin

Anonymous said...

triple love the gift! Lucky you. :)

so glad i found your blog - what a treat for me. I was one of the lucky ones who took your class in Seattle - yea me - and am so happy to find you in the blog-es-phere.

my kids (youngest = twins age 8)still remind me of the time i took them to see Santa on Dec 24 (!) - what can I say - sometimes time just isn't on our side.