Monday, July 28, 2008

keegan's hair

keegan has been begging me for a year now to let her get her hair cut super short. i LOVE her beautiful hair (including the curling it, putting it in updo's, braiding it). so i FINALLY gave in - i mean it is her hair after all & i did not want to be a controlling mother - HA! so, today was her appointment & she could not of been more excited.

as she was sitting in the chair after getting 12+ inches whacked, she had the biggest smile on her face & i had big tears in my eyes. Not just because her beautiful hair was gone but more because my little girl is growing up. it was time for me to let go & let her become who she is & do what she wants. it was hard but it is good. i have a feeling this is only the beginning ....

here are the before & after:
keegan's kindergarden teacher last year got cancer. her teacher would talk to keegan about her chemo & relate it to keegan's itp treatment - keegan was so proud to have a needlepoking buddy. keegan was the most upset about her teacher losing her hair. keegan wished she could do something for her. i thought it would be a good expereince for keegan to donate her hair to locks of love. She will be sending in her 2 ponytails of hair (which are 12" long ) so they can make a wig for a child with cancer.

5 comments:

Heidi Rushing said...

I love it! I am the opposite - that is the haircut I am always trying to convince my girls to get! It does make her look more grown up.

Anonymous said...

I love it, too. It is SOOO cute!!
She really looks great! And how wonderful that she is sending her ponytails to Lock of Love!!!

Mom of 3 Boys said...

I LOVE her hair! she looks like a grown up little girl, ready for kindegarten ;)

jrushing said...

Super Cute! Love it Keegan! And what a great idea to do Locks of Love! Lots of kids out here are doing the same thing! Way to go!

Micki said...

She looks so cute with the new do!